Wideband Calibration

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

shiftin04
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Wideband Calibration

Post by shiftin04 »

I'm running dual Zeitronix ZT-3 widebands connected to the CAN Bus. One of them reads off at idle, which I'm is a cal issue as when I use the Zeitronx datalog software it reads fine. I found the calibration table under tools, but will that table adjust both widebands? Is there a way to adjust each wideband independently.
2004 Cobra, MS3PNP, flex fuel, knock sensor, Whipple, etc.
AKA: 01yellerCobra
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Wideband Calibration

Post by racingmini_mtl »

You cannot use separate calibrations. But since you're using the CAN bus, you shouldn't have to anyway. The only way you will have different values on the MS3 and the Zeitronix software is if you have a wrong configuration for sending or receiving the data or if the Zeitronix sends different data to the CAN bus than to the software. In either case, it's not a calibration issue.

Post your msq. There might be something there.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
OWTTCOBRA
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by OWTTCOBRA »

One of the issues I ran into when I was installing my Innovate LC-2 was I noticed that it had two outputs from the wideband controller: a wideband and a narrowband. I originally had one of them connected via the narrowband output, and it read wonky through the MS3, as the linear values were off. I was able to configure the output as a wideband, and match the linear scale to the other sensor, and set my "Calibrate AFR Table" to match.

It looks like the ZT3 also has the same two outputs (narrowband and wideband), and the ability to configure outputs as well.
shiftin04
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by shiftin04 »

Sorry for lagging on getting the MSQ posted. I was told that my issue might be an exhaust leak and wanted to check things before saying it was the software. So I checked the exhaust today and didn't see any signs of a leak. I went ahead and changed the gasket anyway just to be safe. But on the short idle I had moving the car I could see the wideband drifting.

It's a weird thing because it's only at idle. Once I raise the RPM's things even out bank to bank. I have switched this MSQ to read only off AFR2 as that's the one I trust.
shiftin04
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by shiftin04 »

In case this comes up in a search....

I switched the EGO Delay from ignition events to time and that brought the widebands within a half point of each other. From there I adjusted the delay at idle and now I'm seeing .2-.3 max difference. Not the best, but a whole lot better than the 2+ point difference I was seeing.