How Do I Configure the Graph 4 Traces?

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

Re: How Do I Configure the Graph 4 Traces?

Postby NigeT » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:21 pm

I should say that the images look huge in these posts for some reason - best to download and view the images I guess. Attached another fun TunerStudio dialog. To give an idea of size this measures approx. 114mm * 46mm on my 13" (nominal) laptop display.
Attachments
2017-11-30 (1).png
2017-11-30 (1).png (31.65 KiB) Viewed 63 times
NigeT
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Re: How Do I Configure the Graph 4 Traces?

Postby LT401Vette » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:41 am

Unfortunate, I have little control over the icon sizing in those dialogs.
Currently Swing does not support high dpi on windows, so I have to rescale every font and image myself. The file Dialogs, handle the images and icons themselves.

That is why I am more concerned with the font sizing, that I can fix.

The 1.9 JRE is supposed to finally address high dpi on windows. I tested an earlier beta and the way it was done was still less than desirable, hopefully that has improved.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
User avatar
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 10391
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:07 am
Location: Moorseville, NC

Re: How Do I Configure the Graph 4 Traces?

Postby NigeT » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:53 pm

LT401Vette wrote:Unfortunate, I have little control over the icon sizing in those dialogs.
Currently Swing does not support high dpi on windows, so I have to rescale every font and image myself. The file Dialogs, handle the images and icons themselves.

That is why I am more concerned with the font sizing, that I can fix.

The 1.9 JRE is supposed to finally address high dpi on windows. I tested an earlier beta and the way it was done was still less than desirable, hopefully that has improved.
I kind of regret buying a Windows 10 laptop. The Dell is nice, but my 2.5 year old work MBP is just better in so many ways.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
NigeT
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Re: How Do I Configure the Graph 4 Traces?

Postby NigeT » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:43 am

NigeT wrote:
LT401Vette wrote:Unfortunate, I have little control over the icon sizing in those dialogs.
Currently Swing does not support high dpi on windows, so I have to rescale every font and image myself. The file Dialogs, handle the images and icons themselves.

That is why I am more concerned with the font sizing, that I can fix.

The 1.9 JRE is supposed to finally address high dpi on windows. I tested an earlier beta and the way it was done was still less than desirable, hopefully that has improved.
I kind of regret buying a Windows 10 laptop. The Dell is nice, but my 2.5 year old work MBP is just better in so many ways.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I just tried MLV HD and TunerStudio with the Java 9 runtime. All fonts are huge now, but things like the file selection dialog layouts are still broken. I guess your already know that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
NigeT
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Re: How Do I Configure the Graph 4 Traces?

Postby LT401Vette » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:17 am

Yep...

Then you get their scaling plus my scaling...

In the beta I will add a way to disable my high dpi scaling.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
User avatar
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 10391
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:07 am
Location: Moorseville, NC

Re: How Do I Configure the Graph 4 Traces?

Postby NigeT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:17 am

LT401Vette wrote:Yep...

Then you get their scaling plus my scaling...

In the beta I will add a way to disable my high dpi scaling.
Compatability mode for high dpi set to Appication seems to give the least bad results for java 8.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
NigeT
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Previous

Return to Megalogviewer

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest