Datalog view with Megalog Viewer

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

sedd
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Datalog view with Megalog Viewer

Post by sedd »

I have never used the Megalog viewer from the drop down choices in Tuner Studio. I tried and messed up when I selected the wrong path for the megalog viewer. I ran thru some posts and tried to edit the TSUSER.PROPERITIES file per the post recommendations. That didn't work.

I saw notices at the top of the file that said not to edit it, so maybe that is an issue. It said to make edits in another file that was noted at the top of this file, but I could not find that. I also noted that I found the TSUSER.PROPERITIES file in two locations in my directory, so I can't tell which one is being looked at.

I can open megalog viewer outside of the tuner studio, so this is not a crisis. But I am worried tht the file is not messed up.
1970 Chevelle, 540 big block, AFR heads, headers, mild cam
MS3 release 1.4.0, sequential fuel, LS2 coil per plug
Tuner Studio MS V3.0.05
sedd
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Datalog view with Megalog Viewer

Post by sedd »

I may have fixed it by changing the file name of tsuser.properties to tsuser1.properties. Then I removed the tuner studio program and then reloaded it again.

When I tried to use the Datalogging drop down Megalog viewer choice, selected a file, then it allowed me to choose the location of the megalog viewer. Once I correctly put in the correct path, Megalog viewer will pop up.

There was a new tsuser.properties file created, but much much less in size than the previous one. there is no reference to megalog viewer path in the new file???? I couldnt attach them because it didnt recognize the file extension.

Is my program and are my files ok?
1970 Chevelle, 540 big block, AFR heads, headers, mild cam
MS3 release 1.4.0, sequential fuel, LS2 coil per plug
Tuner Studio MS V3.0.05
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Datalog view with Megalog Viewer

Post by LT401Vette »

If you delete the tsUser.properties file, it will be fine. TS generates a new one. You will loose all application level settings and they will go back to the default.

Actually this does what people are usually trying to do when the uninstall and reinstall the program. That seems to be a standard reaction by many people, but it will very very doubtfully fix anything unless the installation was corrupted. It just removes the installation files, then puts them back. Windows uninstall does not remove any files or preferences that were generated by the app. Deleting the tsUser.properties does.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html