rasberry pi integration

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: rasberry pi integration

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Doesn't appear to.

It's about $9 for one.

http://www.amazon.com/SunFounder-DS3231 ... B00HF4NUSS
"Hey, at least the Skylark proves that even a messy hack can patch together a reliable EFI system. I can't think of a time the MegaSquirt has left me stranded since installation ~100,000 miles ago."

Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015. - BB N/A - 1977 Skylark w/Buick 455 EFI and TKO-600!
remsperso
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by remsperso »

TS checks date and time. If they are invalid, it won't start. If the pi is connected to the network, its clock is valid because it is synchronized with NTP ;-)
Remy
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

A trouble a user had a while back with a Pi was that when they took they turned off the network, on the Pi the registration validation would fail. email support@efianalytics.com and we can help debug it.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Before I e-mail tech support, if I install the RTC clock, will that more than likely solve the issue?
"Hey, at least the Skylark proves that even a messy hack can patch together a reliable EFI system. I can't think of a time the MegaSquirt has left me stranded since installation ~100,000 miles ago."

Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015. - BB N/A - 1977 Skylark w/Buick 455 EFI and TKO-600!
remsperso
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by remsperso »

Your error seems to be an issue with license activation, so 1st contact Phil on its email.
Then check if TS is starting and if not check the log again for the date and time.
;-)
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

TS starts without the clock/network. But it just gives me three warning messages then loads into the default dash board. Yes, perhaps I should just send the e-mail.

Some head way, but this is with the Rpi connected to the internet. I did unplug the ethernet cable after the dash was up and it didn't seem to have any issues after that point, unless I restarted TS.

nuvolarossa
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by nuvolarossa »

LT401Vette wrote:Yes, I know a guy that has been running it on a newer A7 based Pi and it is working quite well.
Just writing here to say that a new faster version of Raspberry Pi has been launched, at the same price as the "old" B+.
(armv7) :)
Raspberry Pi 2 on sale now at $35

Let’s get the good stuff out of the way above the fold. Raspberry Pi 2 is now on sale for $35 (the same price as the existing Model B+), featuring:

A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU (~6x performance)
1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM (2x memory)
Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1

Because it has an ARMv7 processor, it can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, including Snappy Ubuntu Core, as well as Microsoft Windows 10.
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/
winstonusmc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by winstonusmc »

Just ordered mine, will be shipped on the 25th. Learning some Linux now and will join this fight soon.
Nissan Skyline R34 RB26DETT ran MS3/MS3X w/ factory Hitachi CAS (sold)
Nissan Silvia S14 RB25DE ITB/NA ran MS3/MS3X w/ factory Mitsubishi CAS (disassembled)
Datsun 240z RB25DE ITB/NA with MS3/MS3X
weeblebiker
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by weeblebiker »

getting a Pi 2 also. my gateway netbook I was planning on embedding drops the usb ports randomly
v2.2 box, ms2, dual wheel, sequential ignition, staged injection, boost control, maf
'87 VW scirocco, 2L16V, TD0-14T turbo, itbs
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Yup, saw that too. I'm still moving forward on mine. I'm sorting out the powering system in the car for the Pi and screen as well as having issue with Tuner Studio maintaining it's registration on the Pi without an internet connection.

LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

TheSilverBuick wrote:Yup, saw that too. I'm still moving forward on mine. I'm sorting out the powering system in the car for the Pi and screen as well as having issue with Tuner Studio maintaining it's registration on the Pi without an internet connection.
Did 2.6.15 not take care of the registration loss?
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
weeblebiker
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by weeblebiker »

so now that the pi 2 has a proper arm 7 processor and can run a regular linux distribution,
anyone up to building a stripped down os that only launches and runs TS and mega log viewer with a really fast boot time? :RTFM:
v2.2 box, ms2, dual wheel, sequential ignition, staged injection, boost control, maf
'87 VW scirocco, 2L16V, TD0-14T turbo, itbs
nuvolarossa
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by nuvolarossa »

Maybe you guys with raspi2 should try arch linux for arm.
You start installing it bare bone (without desktop environment), then add all you need.
A bit of cli/linux experience is preferred, because you'll only have cli until you install a de, so you must be able to set a lan/wifi etc
you could just read the archwiki and learn even if you never did this, heck raspberry is born as a learning device.

Arch for raspi 2 image, I don't know the status of this image, but I know it has been released and some are using it:
http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7 ... berry-pi-2

You can customize arch as you want.

Archwiki, for all platforms, all the info you need:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/
Robert
MS3x 1.4.1 | TS 3.0.28
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

There's even an OpenMandriva port for ARM7hf
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
winstonusmc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by winstonusmc »

I just got my Pi 2 and have installed Tuner Studio. The splash screen loads up and it brings me to the menu screen. When I try to select a project, just one of the examples, it just hangs on the "loading projects" screen. I have downloaded the current version of Raspbian and it came preloaded with java 1.8.0. I am actually posting this through the Pi right now and am pretty pleased with how it is working. I havent gotten any errors on TS startup so I am stumped.
Nissan Silvia S14 RB25DE ITB/NA ran MS3/MS3X w/ factory Mitsubishi CAS (disassembled)
remsperso
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by remsperso »

winstonusmc, with the Pi2, how much time does it take from boot to have a project loaded in TS?
Thanks!
lukep6470
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lukep6470 »

Funnily I am getting exactly the same behavior on an A20 based media player running Fedora 18 for ARM. It works fine until I try to open a project and just hangs.

This is what I am testing with:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/x ... 45179.html

I have the 512MB/4GB version. It boots from the micro SD card slot first which is handy.
winstonusmc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by winstonusmc »

remsperso wrote:winstonusmc, with the Pi2, how much time does it take from boot to have a project loaded in TS?
Thanks!
Havent got that far yet.
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

LT401Vette wrote:
TheSilverBuick wrote:Yup, saw that too. I'm still moving forward on mine. I'm sorting out the powering system in the car for the Pi and screen as well as having issue with Tuner Studio maintaining it's registration on the Pi without an internet connection.
Did 2.6.15 not take care of the registration loss?
I got married this last weekend so got some what distracted from the project =P I bought a clock module because talking with Brian it sounded like the default time in the 1970's would constantly be an issue. I have to install the module and update the software to the 2.6.15. So basically no progress since then. I am hoping to get started back up on it this weekend though.

piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

Congratulations!

I have run Java 1.8 on the x86 version no issues... Try the JSSC driver if you can get that far.
Also try running as root:
if that works its a permission issue, you need to have the user be a member of the "lock" group on many current distros to have serial port access.

Curently running Debian Jessie amd64 under Android-x86, with 64 bit Linux kernel, android userland is 32 bit still.
TS runs just fine, and XSDL (android app) runs full screen on 4.4+.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.