VE Analyze Live - Step by step instructions

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

xgrapher
Helpful MS/Extra'er

VE Analyze Live - Step by step instructions

Post by xgrapher »

For those who have the registered version of TunerStudio VE Analyze Live can be quite handy. Yet, upon my intensive search I haven't found a step by step guide something similar to the WUE (see below):
Using WUE Analyze Live:
Operation of WUE Analyze should begin with a cold engine. If it is not that cold this time of year, not to worry, you can use it on the warmup from what ever temperature it is and perhaps come back to it when the weather turns cooler.
To begin using WUE Analyze Live:
Power on your ECU
Connect TunerStudio, and go to the WUE Analyze Screen by clicking on the "Tune Analyze Live - Tune For You" tab. There will be a sub tab for WarmupEnrichment1, select that.
On the Warm up Enrichment Analyze tab, go ahead and click "Start Auto Tune". There will be steady active filters until the engine is started, so it will not begin processing the data.
Now proceed to start your engine.
Important! - Once your engine is running, try to maintain a steady RPM through the warmup process. Normally idle is good, but if you have an engine that does not yet want to idle while cold, hold the engine at a steady RPM from 1500 to 2500 RPM.
Wait and watch. See what changes are recommended until it gets up to running temperature.
Once the engine is warmed up, Do not turn off the engine. Review the recommendation to insure it appears correct. Then Click "Stop Autotune", then Burn.
After Burn is clicked, the new Recommended WUE is saved to your ECU and you can turn off the engine. Try out your new WUE settings on the next warmup
Can you guys chime in to come up with a similar step by step instructions list. I know that it is quite easy to start but dummies like me would like to know details for example, should I do the WUE first or should I do the VE. Should the enrichments be zeroed before I begin and should the engine be at operating temperature? How often should I run this? And a couple of more questions that I can think of at this point.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: VE Analyze Live - Step by step instructions

Post by Matt Cramer »

VE first, then WUE.

There is a detailed guide in the TunerStudio help file that should answer most of your questions.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
xgrapher
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by xgrapher »

Thanks, ever since Internet I've abandoned the bundled help sections of any application. I'm pasting the copied info from the help for people like me:

LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

If you have TunerStudio open, either press F1 or from the main menu select:
Help --> TunerStudio Help

There is a VE Analyze Live section on the left.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html