Clock "gauge"?

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

ronw
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Clock "gauge"?

Post by ronw »

im new to ts but w getting my ms3 a few days ago, im getting intimate w the software. ive figured out how to change gauges and their value ranges (ie i use a cht on my air cooled motor for coolant so values are different.) anyway, i would like to add a clock but cant seem to figure out how. can someone point me to a link on how or briefly walk me thru it? thanks

my screen shot. love the histogram!
2270 Type 4 ACVW MS3 + MS3X + v3.57 +LS2 CNP + full sequential
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Clock "gauge"?

Post by UnaClocker »

I've often wanted a clock on my dash as well, I don't think it's possible, though.
Have you seen My Custom Dash? :)
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

UnaClocker wrote:I've often wanted a clock on my dash as well, I don't think it's possible, though.
Have you seen My Custom Dash? :)
If you add the logger board to your I/O Extender, it would be possible since it has a real time clock so the log contains the information needed. You could also use the optional GPS module which also provides time information in the log.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

So a regular clock that gives the time of day?

An upcoming addition is Application OutputChannels... Right after 1.0 is released I want to do this. This will allow you to have indicators that tell you if you are logging, if the controller is online or create OutputChannels that reference channels of multiple CAN controllers.

A clock OutputChannel sounds like a good candidate there.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

Yup, just regular time of day.. I've tried an "always on top" application, but it's often in the way.. It'd be great to just have it be part of the dash..
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
ronw
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ronw »

yes, time of day. my 68 doesnt have a working clock and i want to keep the dash looking somewhat stock so on road trips or long drives i'll have the laptop up it would be nice to have a clock displaying time. (to lazy to pull out the phone :oops: )

thanks, i'll look forward to its addition.
2270 Type 4 ACVW MS3 + MS3X + v3.57 +LS2 CNP + full sequential
mike_robert
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mike_robert »

Phil, could you just pull the date/time from the machine TS is running on and display that?
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

Phil, could you just pull the date/time from the machine TS is running on and display that?
Yes, that is where it would come from... I just need the application level OutputChannel for delivery to the gauge / dashboard component.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
Map63Vette
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Map63Vette »

I hate to necro a really old thread, but I have basically the same question and can't find any more info on it. I would like to put a simple time of day clock on my dash display, but I'm not having the most luck. My preference would be to take it from the system time. I'm running my dash on a Raspberry Pi that has an RTC installed on it. Ideally, I would prefer to just have the clock information come from the system time, but I'm not seeing how to do that. I found the clock gauge under the "Calculations 3" menu in the dashboard designer, but when looking at the properties dialog I'm not seeing an obvious system time option in there. I do see a GPS time available if I switch the controller from default/MS3X to "Application Events", but I'm not seeing anything like "system time" in that list. I see "datalog Time" as an option, would this be the system time or does it require the MS3X to have an RTC configured for that to be accurate? I could probably configure my Pi to send RTC info via CAN as if it were an I/O board, but that seems like a lot of effort when the system clock is right there to start with. Maybe I'm just not seeing the forest through the trees though. Should I be looking somewhere else for this channel?
1967 Dart 5.7 Hemi swap running MS2/Extra
Map63Vette
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Map63Vette »

Any updates on this? I have a RTC piped into my MS3x now via CAN and would like to be able to use it as a simple clock display on the dashboard. I'm not seeing any channel that makes sense out of the lists though, and the few I've tried don't give me anything useful. Has this just not been implemented yet or do I need to be looking somewhere else?
1967 Dart 5.7 Hemi swap running MS2/Extra